Waratah Private Hospital has accredited specialists as Visiting Medical Officers (VMOs) who run their practices in the local areas or from one of our sessional or permanent specialist consulting suites onsite at the hospital. If you would like to enquire about becoming a credentialed VMO at Waratah Private, please contact 02 9598 0000 or click below and follow the instructions to complete the VMO Credentialing form.
Applying for a Hospital VMO position
If you would like to apply for a Visiting Medical Officer (VMO) position at Waratah Private Hospital, you can complete our online eCredentialing Profile. Please contact the Executive Assistant on (02) 9598 0020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your AHPRA registration number and the specialty you are requesting accreditation for and an invitation to submit your eCredentialing Profile will be forwarded to you.
Please note as part of the application process, you will need to submit the following documentation to support your application:
- A copy of your CV
- A copy of your medical indemnity insurance certificate of currency
- Your Working with Children Check number
- A copy of your national police check
- 2 written references from your nominated referees
- Completed paperwork will be reviewed by the General Manager and the relevant Specialty Medical Advisory Committee representatives
- Applications will be submitted to the Medical Advisory Credentialing Committee, which meets every two months
- Temporary accreditation can be granted for a period of time whilst waiting for formal approval from the Medical Advisory Credentialing Committee
- If the application is approved, a confirmation letter will be forwarded to the VMO