As one of the most technologically advanced hospitals, Waratah Private Hospital provides comprehensive healthcare with 7 state-of-the-art operating theatres, modern private en-suite patient rooms and full diagnostic, surgical and interventional facilities together in one building.
Excellence in personalised care, collaborating with leading specialist clinical and non-clinical teams to deliver a better patient outcome.
Investing in and developing our people while creating an enjoyable, challenging and enriching place to work.
Innovation & Growth
Innovation in patient experience and evidence-based medicine and therapies.
Professionalism in everything we do and we try to do.
A respected community citizen acting honestly, fairly and consistently.
Forward thinking and long-term decision-making.
Enjoy whatever it is we are doing.
Driving excellence in sustainability and social responsibility.
Our Guiding Principles
Dedicated to superior patient care, comfort and well-being through loyalty, respect and dignity.
Committed to driving excellence in the care and recovery of our patients in the communities we serve through superior private healthcare services.
The healthcare provider of choice in Australia and New Zealand.
Consistently delivering high-quality care by attracting, developing, retaining and partnering with the best people in exceptional healthcare facilities.
We put our patients first and it’s this person-centred approach you will see reflected from pre-admission to discharge. A comprehensive and individualised plan of care is developed for you following assessment by the multi-disciplinary team and in consultation with you and your nominated support person, family member and/or carer.
In providing person-centred care our staff will:
- Be respectful of, and responsive to, your preferences, values and cultural needs
- Help you and your nominated support person, family member and/or carer understand your care and treatment
- Support you and your nominated support person, family member and/or carer to participate in decision-making about your care and treatment
- Communicate and share information with you, and your nominated support person, family member and/or carer
We encourage you to be involved in your care, we suggest you;
- Ask questions about your care and treatment so that you are well-informed about your options
- Ask for an explanation if you don’t understand something
- Tell us if you have any special requests or preferences about your care or treatment
- Be open and honest when answering questions from our healthcare team
- Tell us of any concerns you have
- Have a support person with you when you discuss your care and treatment with the healthcare team
Our surgical facilities are truly world class. The various small touches that make a leading surgical unit have been incorporated into the design.
In addition, our highly experienced theatre team offer our specialists a quality management service to ensure the smooth operating of theatres in a private hospital setting.
Core surgical services and equipment include:
- 7 state-of-the-art operating theatres with fully integrated diagnostic and interventional equipment
- Central Sterilizing Department (CSSD)
- Specialised clinical teams (orthopaedics, plastics, gynaecology, spinal, ENT)
- Pre-admission clinic
- Specialised endoscopy services, Maquet operating tables, STORZ OR1 system-integrated patient data systems, GE AISYS anaesthetics machines
- Medical Imaging (X-Ray, CT, MRI, Ultrasound, Nuclear, PET)